Thursday, March 30, 2006

Or how about this one?


Oh how I love this image. I have it cleaned up a wee bit as a large (20x30) in my office. The print had a nice selenium purple cast to it. This is so 1940s for me. I took it in the 80s, used Rodinal, a sharp but GRAINY developer to get the negative. It gives the out of focus portions a wonderful gran that you can't see here. These are TOO small. I may have to move or cross list somewhere else.

A wild rose or a lackberry? I think the former but I don't sweat it. I like this version with the black line of the negative edge, it gives it a sense of more patina. It is decorative, but there is a good feel to it. Do you get that too? Wistful, kinda corny, thorny? Two blooms and a bud. Threes populate my photos. Not much more to say, but I love the way this photo feels, it is a favorite of my patients. Well it was, I have not used it in my new office. There are no pics up in my new office yet.

No comments: