Thursday, March 30, 2006

So here we go


I was tempted to think a lot about which pic to publish first, then I decided that it was not the way to go. I want this to be fresh and easy, so I will publish the first pic I find that I like. Deep.

Taken on our recent vacation with a Nikon D50 or something. Prime lens, maybe a 24 which is really a 36 on this camera. It is of a friend from our church who came down to help with the child care and get a free vacation.

About the pic. For me it has some mystery, why is she running, where is she running too? Photos with motion have always been difficult for me to catch in a way that I like, this one works pretty well. Just enough to show the dynamism. It adds some mystery. The blue/gray day helps as well. Not a happy sunny beach pic, though I bet some of those follow.

I also really enjoy the way that the reflection stops at the legs emphasizing the motion. It is a still after all, but the motion is still there. I would like this as a large print, but it would also work as a nice small one. I will have to experiment with both.

No comments: