Tuesday, May 09, 2006

history lessons


I have the family slide archive and am looking through it for gems. To save myself from bitter disappointment I am now using a loop. Without it I think all the slides are in focus. Bad assumption. So I will load them up and start to scan them and find that all 4 Ihad loaded were out of focus. Sigh. It really is sad for me to think I have the images and then see that I do not. And what do I do? Throw them away? Well, no.

SO I pre-edit them now. I also may have found one of my first photos. It is a square slide, as tall as 35mm. I have a VAGUE memory of dad quieting my desire to take pics by getting me a little plastic camera to use on a trip to Williamsburg. I have at least one of the photos. Nothing to write home about, but an interesting curiosity at least!

Then I have the photos from my trip to Allaugh, France with Teen Missions. I was physically abused on that trip, starved to be specific. The slides are 110 kodachromes. Tiny little things! But they are Kodachrome. They are too small to scope with the loop. Well, more accurately, my eyes at 46 are too old to scope them! I am half considering putting them on a blog in sequential order. At the same time, that feels kind of borderline. (Psychology leakage alert. Substitute "attention seeking.") But I may post some, only here I will not coment any more about the abuse. There is a time and a place, and this is NOT the place. This is my happy place! But enough talk, let me post a pic.

Nice pic. But I prefer the one with the butterfly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool shot. I can't tell for certain what it is, and that makes it even neater.. It looks almost like a screen [window] with water on it.

TMink said...

Thanks for your comment. It is indeed a screen with water on it. Back porch screen after a rain to be exact. To me, what it is has never been a question because I was there. It is surprising and a happy revelation to me that it has some mystery to it. But then, I was there. Heh.