Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tedious edit


This one was scanned from a print and had more smutz on it than you would believe. So I took the 30 minutes to clean it up. I am printing it right now to see what I have left. At the res you can see it, no spots should remain.

Why do the tedious work? Well, I love this pic. It is from late 70s. Three friends sitting ona rock in the fog. It is not that the background is too hot, it was a high key fog. The rock is 60 feet over the lake. Aside from the spotting I messed a bit with the contrast and tones.

I like the composition, but it looks like a set piece rather than a found arrangement. The composition is more central than I would usually use, but I was a teenager when I took it, all is forgiven. The girls were nice folks, church friends. Each more lovely than you can see in the photo. I am warming it up quite a bit for the print. Not quite seppia, but certainly warm. Thanks to the Epson 2400, a fine printing machine!

No comments: