Wednesday, May 31, 2006

nice package

The pic is from Jamaica, Negril specifically. This is the scene off the cliffs, not all the way up to Rick's cafe, but at the undeveloped part which probably does not exists anymore. The part that was undeveloped in 1981.

The nice package is some full frame slide mounts and some cleaning fluid that I ordered from Light Impressions. The full frame mounts are really honest full frame, you see the whole image as opposed to these Kodak mounts which round the edges. So for my new scans I will pop the transparency, clean it good, then place it in the full frame mount. More work but cleaner original and no more rounded edges. I hate cropping out the edges and losing some of the image. I am stingy with those pixels!

It was so fun to learn how to scan the magic lantern slides, not I can scan some of my larger format negatives and transparancies. While the 2 and 1/4 negs are not that great, some of my 6 x 4.5 negs are rather nice. So new stuff abounds.

No comments: